This is a palette cleanser episode as it's just Nick & Mikey this week (the last few shows have been rammy).
Some things this week: Brewery visits, Walmart beer, selling Pliny on the secondary market and should there be a beer guest on the show every week?
Plus, as always, we give you beers to look out for and have plenty of listener voicemails.
Click to listen!: PerfectPour177.mp3
55.6MB || 2:01:39 || Language
Laying "whales" on their side and podcasting with Tony Bagzz (one of the most influential craft beer drinker in our world) and Roger from Pine & Palm Brewing. Tony brings in some amazing beer for us to try ... and one not at all amazing that may end a long-standing streak with the Perfect Pour team.
Lot's of laughs, lot's of good craft beer talk, tangents, and yelling. Please join us:
CLICK TO LISTEN: ThePerfectPourEpisode176.mp3
64.0 || 2:20 || Fowl Language
It has been four years of podcasting about craft beer so we thought we should put out a special show! We bring in totally big time guests _______, _________ and of corse _________.
What happens when a listener calls from a BevMo parking lot. Is beer for dogs really a thing? And please don't unsubscribe from us, just please join us!
LISTEN HERE! CLICK: ThePerfectPour175.mp3
49.2MB | 1:47:37 | Fowl Language
No, we did not bath in a firkin beer while recording this episode. But...
We help you prepare yourself for the Sierra Nevada Snow Pack and try to figure out if you can jack-up a scotch ale while attempting not to talk about politics. That's rough.
We do some expanding of the idea of having craft beer in different kinds of businesses and ask the question "Would you want to have a beer while you're getting your hair cut?"
We open more beers.
We wonder if a ball-pit would be a good idea in a beer bar.
We start playing Aqua Teen Hunger Force sound bites.
We drink more. In fact, we have a MYSTERY whale beer and LOOSE OUR SHIZZZZZZ!!
We start a bit called "Annoying Guitar Center employee talking on the store PA" and maybe do it one too many times.
We give out plenty of craft beer releases to look out for. Listen to listeners talk about their beer and have an 'after hours' session. Please join us!
LISTEN HERE! CLICK: ThePerfectPour174.mp3
49.2MB | 1:47:37 | Fowl Language
We heard that the Cubs did a thing. Well, we drank beer and podcasted - that's totally a thing.
Some beer things that happen this week: What Guns & Roses was to killing-off Glam Metal, Winter Spiced beer is to pumpkin beer - figured that our all by ourselves. ALSO, Reports from listeners on how they might have broken the record for most breweries visited in a weekend in Portland, OR. New beer
ALSO, Reports from listeners on how they might have broken the record for most breweries visited in a weekend in Portland, OR. New beer news, new beer is drank and a Perfect Pour guest/brewer/listener, has gone pro!
NOT TO MISSED: New segment theme music from Paul!
LISTEN HERE!: PerfectPour173.mp3
51.3MB | 1:52:06 | Fowl Language
You know when you go to a place and order a beer and they bring the beer to you and it doesn't look right or taste right? But you are not confident enough to tell the waiter "you brought me the wrong beer" so you keep drinking it.
Well, we drank out of the wrong growler this week. But instead of sending it back, we were grateful. Super grateful.
Some things to also look out for in this week's show:
- Spotting a fellow beer geek in the grocery store.
- Quitely there's a new almost buyout beer.
- An Evil Twin beer gets Jesus censored.
- A story about going to Toronado beer bar in San Francisco.
- When is Ikea getting a beer bar?
- Cheese replaces cheers.
- A re-state on why we make fun of Firestone Walker's "805" beer.
- We have a whale beer that is truly a 'whale' beer.
There's a lot more than that if you give the show a shot and listen
LISTEN HERE!: WhaleBeerFromAwhalePour172.mp3
55.7MB | 2:01:42 | Fowl Language
Heads up!: We put flour in this episode to make it look like we're trying.
Our beer fridge is mic'd and ready for tough beer questions. There are more growler tips. Does the Perfect Pour approve of NE IPAs? Is the staff at the SF Toronado truly assholes? All this and a lot more craft beer talk and drinking!
Stone did not lay us off while listening to this:
LISTEN HERE!: NEbeersThePerfectPour.mp3
54.8MB | 1:59:49 | Fowl Language
This week's craft beer podcast episode:
- Will solve the mystery surrounding the lack of twist off bottles in craft beer.
- Has the occasional hum.
- Possibly have a tangent or two.
- Answer beer trivia questions.
- Has talk of Gold Medal beer.
- Misses the Old Kanye.
- Discover brett beer doesn't always sour.
- There is wondering if pumpkin beer needs more categories.
- Learns why hoppy beer is the best delivery for alcohol ever.
- Tries to figure out if AB is secretly buying beer supply businesses.
- Determines how many beers is kosher for mowing your lawn.
- Plays a lot of beer-fueled voicemails from GABF.
- Gives you craft beer to look out for.
LISTEN HERE!: PerfectPourEpisode170.mp3
50.2MB | 1:49:42 | Fowl Language
This week we attempt to answer these craft beer things and more:
- Why are there no 'twist off' bottles in craft beer?
- What are the new details on the Kern River "Citra" bottle release?
- What is our deal with Sam Adam's "Rebel IPA"?
- Where the hell is the Bearded Brewer?
- Whom has let Drakes Brewing come back into their lives?
- What beer knocked some socks off this week?
- Where is the Perfect Pour listener meetup at GABF?
- Will we ever be mixed into a Paul From Fairfax song?
- What is our first Trillium beer?
LISTEN HERE!: TwistOffPerfectPour.mp3
48.6MB | 1:46:17 | Language
One of the beers on this week's show will gush when it shouldn't gush. Other things to look out for this week:
- Drinking in a closet? Is this a bad thing?
- What celeb would you like to have a beer with?
- Old beer. What's the deal with that?
- What is the limit for number of breweries visited in one day?
- Recos for drinking in Sacramento.
- International Podcast Day is a thing.
- A Trillium beer is tried for the first time.
- There will be a Perfect Pour listener meetup at GABF this year.
- Modern Time's "Aurora" has hit town and this upsets Matt.
- Why are cans of Fat Tire so elusive?
- What the hell does 'three on the tree' mean?
LISTEN HERE!: TheGusherPour168.mp3
52.7MB | 1:55:15 | Language